Episode #323: John Montgomery, Bridgeway Capital Administration, “A Components-Primarily based World View Resonated With Me”
Visitor: John Montgomery based Bridgeway Capital Administration in 1993 and is the Chief Funding Officer. John is a part of the funding group for all Bridgeway methods.
Date Recorded: 6/9/2021
Sponsor: Yotta Savings – Win as much as $10 million saving in a pass-through FDIC insured account. Yotta pays a financial savings reward of 0.20% it doesn’t matter what. Plus, you win prizes on high of that. Use invite code “MEB” on signup to earn 100 bonus tickets into subsequent week’s contest.
To take heed to Episode #323 on iTunes, click here
To take heed to Episode #323 on Stitcher, click here
To take heed to Episode #323 on Pocket Casts, click here
To take heed to Episode #323 on Google, click here
To stream Episode #323, click here
Feedback or options? E-mail us Feedback@TheMebFaberShow.com or name us to depart a voicemail at 323 834 9159
Excited about sponsoring an episode? E-mail Justin at email@example.com
Abstract: In episode 323, we welcome our visitor, John Montgomery, founder and Chief Funding Officer of Bridgeway Capital Administration, a $5 billion quantitative supervisor that donates 50% of its earnings to charity.
In immediately’s episode, we begin by listening to what made our John go away a job within the Transit sector to start out a quantitative funding agency. We stroll via what drew him to a rules-based method after which contact on various factors, together with dimension, worth, and low volatility. We even contact on Bridgeway’s extremely small cap technique and the way it captures the small-cap premium.
As we wind down, we hear concerning the agency’s distinctive construction, which incorporates donating half its earnings to charity with the objective of ending genocide.
Please take pleasure in this episode with Bridgeway Capital Administration’s John Montgomery.
Hyperlinks from the Episode:
- 0:39 – Sponsor: Yotta – Use code “MEB” to earn 100 bonus tickets
- 1:18 – Intro
- 2:12 – Welcome to our visitor, John Montgomery
- 4:09 – Early profession inspiration; Silent Spring (Carson)
- 5:23 – John’s first investing lessons
- 6:47 – Insights into the advantages of quantitative strategies
- 9:06 – Transitioning from interest to profession
- 11:41 – Foundations of Bridgeway Capital Administration
- 12:44 – John’s ultra-small firm technique
- 18:38 – Bridgeway’s evolving analysis method
- 20:44 – John’s fascination with low-volatility investing
- 22:10 – Mixing totally different issue exposures
- 25:04 – Bridgeway’s guidelines on leverage
- 28:22 – The Great Depression: A Diary (Roth)
- 29:22 – Making ready your self for lean occasions
- 31:05 – The significance of danger administration
- 32:03 – John’s asset allocation technique
- 38:53 – Bridgeway as a permanent agency
- 43:19 – Bridgeway’s giving tradition
- 45:09 – Bridgeway Basis
- 46:18 – To Stop a Warlord: My Story of Justice, Grace, and the Fight for Peace (Davis)
- 47:47 – Serving to baby troopers come dwelling
- 54:15 – John’s most memorable investments
- 56:34 – Planning your exit
- 58:02 – Be taught extra at Bridgeway.com
Transcript of Episode 323: