Episode #306: Jeff Seder, EQB, “We Ended Up The First Triple Crown Winner In 37 Years”
Visitor: Jeffrey Seder based EQB, Inc. (Equine Biomechanics and Train Physiology), a high-tech sports activities medication startup, in 1978 after working as a groom in racehorse barns and breeding farms after which managing a race horse coaching middle and racing secure. EQB is a advisor to the vast majority of the highest ten main thoroughbred racehorse racing stables. A graduate of Harvard, Harvard Regulation, and Harvard Enterprise Faculty, Jeffrey Seder labored for Citicorp’s Worldwide Banking Division in New York Metropolis.
Date Recorded: 4/21/2021
Sponsor: URNM: The NORTH SHORE GLOBAL URANIUM MINING ETF is made up of a basket of firms which might be concerned within the mining, exploration, improvement and manufacturing of uranium in addition to firms that maintain bodily uranium, uranium royalties or different non-mining belongings.
To take heed to Episode #306 on iTunes, click here
To take heed to Episode #306 on Stitcher, click here
To take heed to Episode #306 on Pocket Casts, click here
To take heed to Episode #306 on Google, click here
To stream Episode #306, click here
Feedback or solutions? E-mail us Feedback@TheMebFaberShow.com or name us to depart a voicemail at 323 834 9159
Desirous about sponsoring an episode? E-mail Justin at email@example.com
Abstract: In episode 306, we welcome our visitor, Jeff Seder, founding father of EQB, a high-tech sports activities medication startup that consults with the vast majority of the most important thoroughbred racehorse racing stables.
In in the present day’s episode, we hear one of the best moneyball story you’ve by no means heard. With the Kentucky Derby this weekend, there’s nobody higher to take heed to than Jeff, who’s disrupted the horse racing business together with his quantitative method. He walks us by means of all he’s gone by means of to collect information during the last 30 years and why the business has been immune to information even to today.
Then he explains why finding out the scale of 1 ventricle in a horse’s coronary heart led him to consider the it had the potential for greatness, main him to inform his boss, “Promote your home, don’t promote this horse.” Not a foul name since that horse, American Pharoah, went on to change into the primary Triple Crown winner in 37 years!
As we wind down, we hear what Jeff thinks about this weekend’s Kentucky Derby and his recommendation when you’re considering of betting on the race.
All this and extra in episode 306 with EQB’s Jeff Seder.
Hyperlinks from the Episode:
- 0:48 – Intro
- 1:49 – Welcome to our visitor, Jeff Seder
- 2:20 – How Jeff transitioned from attending Harvard to working with horses
- 5:52 – Becoming a member of forces with america sports activities medication committee
- 9:38 – Beginning out by hiding within the bushes to collect horse race information
- 12:03 – Early days of speaking to trainers and patrons
- 17:26 – Creating testing strategies to precisely measure race horses hearts
- 20:05 – Direct measurements of horse bone density mailing horse legs to MIT
- 22:48 – Sponsor: URNM: The NORTH SHORE GLOBAL URANIUM MINING ETF
- 24:14 – Different insights that do or don’t contribute to a horses success
- 27:58 – The onramp of Jeff disclosing his new discoveries with everybody else
- 29:37 – The American Pharaoh story
- 31:59 – How the pricing of race horses works
- 36:32 – Is there a correlation between coronary heart measurement and a successful horse?
- 38:38 – What’s on the horizon for Jeff and his business
- 41:18 – Are successful metrics extra necessary than coaching?
- 44:34 – How the sector appears for the Kentucky derby this 12 months
- 45:58 – Which horse was Jeff’s most memorable throughout his profession
- 48:06 – How large of a job or affect does playing have on horse races
- 50:25 – Study extra about Jeff; eqb.com
Coming Quickly: Jeff’s Kentucky Derby picks
Transcript of Episode 306: