Episode #247: David Oates, Curtsy, “Our Quantity One Greatest Promoting Merchandise To-Date Is Energetic Put on…Lululemon Leggings, Lululemon Shorts, Nike Shorts”
Visitor: David Oates is the CEO and Co-Founding father of Curtsy, an app making it simple to purchase and promote, and re-sell garments whether or not you’re cleansing out your closet or trying to fund your subsequent nice outfit.
Date Recorded: 8/26/2020
To take heed to Episode #247 on iTunes, click here
To take heed to Episode #247 on Stitcher, click here
To take heed to Episode #247 on Pocket Casts, click here
To take heed to Episode #247 on Google Play, click here
To stream Episode #247, click here
Feedback or strategies? E-mail us Feedback@TheMebFaberShow.com or name us to go away a voicemail at 323 834 9159
Fascinated by sponsoring an episode? E-mail Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: In episode 247 we welcome our visitor, David Oates, CEO and Co-Founding father of Curtsy. In as we speak’s episode, we’re speaking about operating an organization utterly designed round making it simple for folks to purchase and promote garments.
We chat concerning the pivot the corporate took from launching as an app permitting girls to lease clothes from one another to an app centered on shopping for and promoting. We focus on a number of the user-friendly options which have moved the needle for the corporate, like the hassle put into curating and merchandising the gadgets to the Curtsy transport package that retains customers from needing to go away their residence to ship gadgets.
Curtsy has discovered themselves within the lucky place of elevated development throughout this atmosphere, however our visitor lets us in on what the staff is concentrated on within the close to future, and what they’re enthusiastic about as they appear forward.
All this and extra in episode 247 with David Oates.
Hyperlinks from the Episode:
- 0:40 – Sponsor: Maude
- 1:43 – Intro
- 2:42 – Welcome to our visitor, David Oates
- 3:45 – David’s story from post-grad to Curtsy and his time doing DoorDash
- 8:53 – My strange, unexpected love affair with delivering food (Oates)
- 11:44 – Y-Combinator
- 13:18 – The pivot into promoting
- 17:23 – Constructing for his or her demographic
- 20:13 – The problem of relaunching an app
- 21:31 – The second they knew it labored
- 24:52 – Options that moved the needle
- 26:34 – Decreasing friction within the expertise
- 29:38 – Present state of the corporate and the way COVID impacted them
- 33:07 – How the demographics of the Curtsy buyer have modified
- 34:18 – The ThreadUp mannequin and the way folks worth their belongings
- 37:22 – The staff and the way they’re working by means of the pandemic
- 38:11 – What does the long run maintain for Curtsy
- 40:43 – Fundraising plans
- 41:37 – Most memorable a part of constructing this firm
- 44:43 – Observe Curtsy and join with David: Curtsy App, on twitter @deoates
Transcript of Episode 247: